Dear E. Jean: There’s this guy I like at my company, and I’m not sure he likes me in return. Here are the facts:
1. He teases me.
2. He starts conversations with me that are not necessary.
3. He touches my back sometimes.
4. He cooked me dinner twice.
5. When I compliment other male coworkers in front of him, he says my compliments are wrong.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
6. When I told him he was not strong enough to lift me, he carried me halfway to my apartment.
I’m 22, and he is 25. Do you think he is interested? Please help me. —I Need to Know
Miss Know, My Nougat: Yes. He’s interested. Absolutely interested. Positively and beyond all doubt, interested, yes! (If I could get the editors to give me one more page, I’d fill that with yeses, too.)
This letter is from the Ask E. Jean Archive, 1993-2017. Send questions to E. Jean at E.Jean@AskEJean.com.